Hashtags are important for extra visibility
Hashtags remain one of the best and most effective ways to get your post to a wider audience on Instagram. If you are a business owner trying to get your products/services discovered and get more eyes on your content, you need to use hashtags. Hashtags help you widen the spread of your posts. Did you know that posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement than those without a hashtag?
How many hashtags should I use?
Instagram permits users to use up to 30 hashtags. However, dropping 30 hashtags under your post can make it look clunky and ugly. You can use one or two in the caption and post the rest in the comment section. It will make your post look better while retaining the visibility that hashtags can give you.
Which hashtags do I use for my business?
There are different hashtags that you can use to promote your business. There are popular hashtags, branded hashtags, campaign hashtags, location hashtags, community/industry hashtags, daily hashtags, and trending hashtags.
● popular hashtags; These are hashtags that are well-known and widely used. They include hashtags like #instadaily, #LikesForLikes, #instagram, #landscape, #blue, #london, #holiday, and so much more. You can choose popular hashtags relevant to your field to reach a wider audience. Don’t use too many popular hashtags though. Your content can get lost among the many posts that use the hashtag.
● Branded Hashtags; Many brands create hashtags related to their brand or products. Papier makes customized stationery and photobooks. They created a brand hashtag that includes their name. They can use it to create a brand identity online and strengthen authority..Coca-cola uses the #ShareACoke hashtag.
● Campaign hashtags; You can create special hashtags for campaigns on Instagram. For example, you can pair your brand name with a Christmas theme for a Christmas promotion campaign. Using Papier as an example, they can curate a hashtag like #PapierXmas to support their Christmas sales promo. Campaign hashtags are designed for a particular marketing campaign, and they only last for the duration of the campaign.
● Location hashtags; Location hashtags look like #OlumoRock and #LekkiConservationCenter. These hashtags use location to attract more viewers to your content.
● Community/industry hashtags; These hashtags are not brand affiliated but rather industry related. They include #Travel, #Marketing, #Journalism #SEO, etc
● Daily Hashtags; These hashtags are popular, and if you curate content around them, you can get a wider audience to view them. They include hashtags like #MondayMotivation, #MondayThoughts, #TuesdayTips, #WednesdayWisdom
● Trending Hashtags; These hashtags take advantage of current trends to push your content. #Valentinesday is usually popular in February, while #Christmas is popular in December. Other hashtags like #Summer and #Vacation also perform well. Trending hashtags are a constant on Instagram, and they bring good results.
Struggling to come up with hashtags? Use hashtag generators
Finding the right hashtags can be a tiring task. It can take the fun out of using Instagram. Fortunately, there are a few software solutions that make creating hashtags easier. They include Instagram Hashtag Generator, Hashtagify, Iconsquare, Ritetag, etc.
Use hashtags to promote your business
Hashtags are the key to success and growth on Instagram. They help you reach more people, grow your audience, and get more engagement on your content. You can use hashtags in your posts, stories, and on your reels to push them to a wider audience. Also, you can use influencer marketing to promote your hashtags. Influencers can help you promote your hashtags to their very large audience.
However, you need to use hashtags strategically for them to be effective. Many hashtags together can throw the algorithm off your post. You should mix and match different types of relevant hashtags for your posts to keep things interesting. Don’t be monotonous with your hashtags!